Follow iwantapounddog on Twitter

This juvenile Husky pup and his friend, Stick, are looking for new pals to hang out with.




For adoption information on this dog and other dogs (and cats and other animals), please visit Toronto Animal Services.



18 Comments to “Unnamed - Husky puppy”

  1. Anonymous says:

    What a gorgeous Husky pup, I would love to see the color of his eyes, they look amazing! Huskies can make the most amazing companions and pets, I hope someone gives this little guy a chance, he looks like he would be a lot of fun.

  2. mel says:

    Can I bribe you with timbits to come to Ottawa and take pictures of my fosters? I love the crazy looks.

  3. Anonymous says:

    Any chance of a close up of those gorgeous eyes?

  4. Fred says:

    That middle photo is about as close as I got. He's got one brown eye and the other eye is half brown, half glacier ice blue.

  5. Anonymous says:

    Thanks for answering my query! I have always been fascinated by the beautiful eyes of Husky dogs so to have a dual toned one is something special!
    Can you tell me anything about his personality, his comments said he was non-aggressive but an 'intense' dog - does he seem friendly? like people? other dogs? Although I am an OAP and can't have my own I do walk several dogs in the neighborhood and often come across 'potential' dog owners/lovers, a few of which already have a husky.
    Thanks for the update on the 'unnamed poodle', he is adorable and I shall follow his progress, wish I could adopt him myself!
    I am a newcomer to this site, thanks to the article in the Star! Keep up the good work for these animals. I love the stories about the dogs, especially those that find a forever home!

  6. Fred says:

    Hi Anon, in my time with him, he's been very friendly with me and other people we've come across though he did bark at someone at one point - don't know why. He's also a bit of a barker when meeting other dogs but I don't know the intention behind it. Whatever it is, he's not shy about it. I'm guessing this is what the description means when it says he's "intense".

    I like this guy's energy level. He's a pup still so it's a bit on the higher end and that's to be expected. He's curious, playful and has a good attention span.

  7. Anonymous says:

    I love your blog and am passing it on to all my fellow friends and dog lovers. Your beautiful pictures really capture the beauty of these future pets, so much more than the TSA website, what good luck reading that article in the Star! You have some new fans, wish I could adopt them all! I worked for a week at Best Friends in Utah and always wished they had something similar in Canada - your site is a great step forward! Well

  8. Anonymous says:

    Juvenile: that means energy of a hydroelectric power plant, attention span of a fruit fly, right? G-d, I Love them at that age! Kits or pups, they are are just happy lunatics!

  9. Laura HP says:

    We've certainly been getting a lot of husky pups this year. This guy is gorgeous, I love dual-coloured eyes - one of my rabbits has one. They're beautiful!

  10. Anonymous says:

    Hi Fred - do you know if this guy has been adopted, I don't see him up on the Toronto Animal Shelter site anymore? I have a dog barker, he barks when he is excited and wants to play with other dogs and because he wants to be the focus!!!

  11. Fred says:

    I think he was adopted yesterday!

  12. Anonymous says:

    Oh that is awesome news - even though I am a bit jealous! Hopefully we will hear some happy dog tales from the new owner!

  13. Anonymous says:

    Any idea if Stick was adopted along with Unamed Husky Puppy!? Fingers crossed he & Stick have found a great home. Your blog has some amazing and inspiring success stories! I'm sure the fantastic photography and humorous comments/insights help these dogs find their forever home!

  14. Fred says:

    Stick was unfortunately left behind but will be put up for adoption after he gets neutered (if there's anything left that is).

  15. Anonymous says:

    Ha ha, what a great way to start the day - with a laugh! Speaking of which, I swear the new dog on the blog, Cashew, is actually smiling in his second photo! Great shot!

  16. Anonymous says:

    Fred, I fell in love with this husky pup but could not have him. Can you tell me if he went to a good home. I have been fretting about him. Thanks for any info.

  17. Fred says:

    Anon, if I get any updates on this guy from his new owners I'll definitely post the info.

  18. Anonymous says:

    thanks Fred. Would love to hear any info.

Leave a Reply



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A request

The reason for this blog is to help get specific dogs adopted from TAS but equally important is to try to normalize the idea of shelter dogs being just as good and just as desirable as any other dogs including those which are regularly merchandised by backyard breeders, puppy millers and those few remaining pet store owners who still feel a need to sell live animals. The single greatest stigma shelter animals still face is the belief that shelter animals are substandard animals. Anyone who has had enough experience with shelter animals knows this is untrue but the general public hasn't had the same experiences you've had. They see a nice dog photo in a glossy magazine and too many of them would never think of associating that dog with a dog from a shelter. After all, no one abandons perfectly good dogs, right? Unfortunately, as we all know, perfectly good dogs are abandoned all the time.

The public still too often associates shelter dogs with images of beat up, sick, dirty, severely traumatized animals and while we definitely sometimes see victims such as these, they are certainly not the majority and, regardless, even the most abused animals can very often be saved and made whole again.

Pound Dogs sometimes discusses the sad histories some of the dogs have suffered. For the most part, though, it tries to present the dogs not as victims but as great potential family members. The goal is to raise the profiles of animals in adoption centers so that a potential pet owner sees them as the best choice, not just as the charity choice.

So, here's the favour I'm asking. Whenever you see a dog picture on these pages you think is decent enough, I'd like you to consider sharing it on Facebook or any other social media sites you're using (I know many of you do this already and thank you for that). And when you share it, please mention that the dog in the photo is a shelter dog like so many other shelter dogs waiting for a home. If we can get even five percent of the pet buying public to see shelter dogs differently, to see how beautiful they are and how wonderful they are, and to consider shelter dogs as their first choice for a new family member, we can end the suffering of homeless pets in this country.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------