Follow iwantapounddog on Twitter

Simone, my foster, is all done with her heartworm treatment and is ready to go up for adoption. I'll have to work on an adoption blurb for her at some point but for now I'd just like to show off one of her talents: interpretive modern dance.



Simone only performs if there's food involved. She can be a bit mercenary that way. Smitten, on the other hand, doesn't care much for dancing.



12 Comments to “Modern Dance”

  1. Anonymous says:

    She is sooo adorable!

  2. I definitely see some Twyla moves there. Smitten's expression is also priceless.

  3. Addie says:

    She must have the same dance instructor as my Dingo, she knows all his best moves (and then some; he's too old now to do so much bouncin. though he always manages a lot more than I expect) :D

  4. selkiem says:

    my GSD Finn 'cavorts' for Dentastix... thus in our house they are known as Cavorting Sticks - she is TOO adorable!! and yes, I love Smitten's expression... like "WHAT are you doing, you twerp!|

  5. Anonymous says:

    Does Simone stay with you until she is adopted or does she go back to TAS so that people can see her? I am feeling separation anxiety for her already!

  6. selkiem says:

    Fred, off- topic.. how is that little terrier doing - the one that came in with all the bite marks and was so hurt.

  7. Fred says:

    Anon, Selkie's staying with me. I may drop her off at TAS on weekends when the most people go in but I'm not sure I even want to do that as I'd like to personally meet any applicants.

    Selkie, the JRT was euthanized. It seemed to be recovering from its injuries but started biting. After the third bite, they could no longer adopt her out to a private individual because of liability reasons and the local rescues didn't have room for her. I have my own theories about why it started biting and don't agree with the euthanasia decision but I don't have all the information in front of me including the city's legal and insurance concerns which unfortunately overrule the welfare concerns of any single animal.

  8. selkiem says:

    that breaks my heart ... I assume the THS wouldn't take him either (so much for being there for ALL the animals)

  9. Anonymous says:

    I am assuming you mean Simone is staying with you (you said Selkie?)- great news, if so. Can't imagine her having to go back in the shelter after having stayed in a loving home these past few weeks. This, no doubt, is the hard side of fostering but no doubt there will soon be another taking her place!

  10. Fred says:

    Anon, funny, yeah that's what I meant. Thinking too many thoughts at the same time. "Simone" is staying with me.

  11. Anonymous says:

    Selkie is probably disappointed!ha ha Also, the words we type up in order to be validated for the public, where do they come from, I'm intrigued (you can see I have time on my hands!)

  12. selkiem says:

    I personally think Simone and Finn should partner up and enter So You Think You Can Dance~!~ [I wish I had known about that little dog... I would have been more than willing to give him a shot to rehab]

Leave a Reply



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A request

The reason for this blog is to help get specific dogs adopted from TAS but equally important is to try to normalize the idea of shelter dogs being just as good and just as desirable as any other dogs including those which are regularly merchandised by backyard breeders, puppy millers and those few remaining pet store owners who still feel a need to sell live animals. The single greatest stigma shelter animals still face is the belief that shelter animals are substandard animals. Anyone who has had enough experience with shelter animals knows this is untrue but the general public hasn't had the same experiences you've had. They see a nice dog photo in a glossy magazine and too many of them would never think of associating that dog with a dog from a shelter. After all, no one abandons perfectly good dogs, right? Unfortunately, as we all know, perfectly good dogs are abandoned all the time.

The public still too often associates shelter dogs with images of beat up, sick, dirty, severely traumatized animals and while we definitely sometimes see victims such as these, they are certainly not the majority and, regardless, even the most abused animals can very often be saved and made whole again.

Pound Dogs sometimes discusses the sad histories some of the dogs have suffered. For the most part, though, it tries to present the dogs not as victims but as great potential family members. The goal is to raise the profiles of animals in adoption centers so that a potential pet owner sees them as the best choice, not just as the charity choice.

So, here's the favour I'm asking. Whenever you see a dog picture on these pages you think is decent enough, I'd like you to consider sharing it on Facebook or any other social media sites you're using (I know many of you do this already and thank you for that). And when you share it, please mention that the dog in the photo is a shelter dog like so many other shelter dogs waiting for a home. If we can get even five percent of the pet buying public to see shelter dogs differently, to see how beautiful they are and how wonderful they are, and to consider shelter dogs as their first choice for a new family member, we can end the suffering of homeless pets in this country.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------