Follow iwantapounddog on Twitter


If I were an impulse dog adopter, this little one would be sleeping on the couch beside me right now. Instead, somebody else got their mitts on her as she got adopted just a couple of hours after I took these photos. Very very sweet dog in both personality and looks.







4 Comments to “Shih Tzu Jack Russell Terrier mix”

  1. pibble says:

    I have to agree, I'd scoop up this cutie, too. Good for her, adopted before the pictures even made it to the wires!

  2. Anonymous says:

    Just stumbled upon these photos ... and realized it's the dog we adopted! We named her Annie and she is doing fine. She loves the couch!

  3. Fred says:

    Thanks for the update. Always luv to hear how adopted dogs are doing and it sounds like she's doing fine!.

  4. Unknown says:

    This stopped me dead in my tracks as it looks exactly like a dog we saved from the Houston Texas Shelter. I saved her 20mins before they were scheduled to euthanize her. I had to get the rules bent a little( she was to go to a rescue because of injures) make promises, make my vet make promises , beg and cry. I walked out that day without a clue as to what I’d do with her as I already had a dog. She was in terrible shape. Broken pelvis, heart worm +, kennel cough, worms of all sorts, breast cancer, fleas and ear mites. It took days for her to trust me enough to really touch her and I got nipped a few times. We spent hundreds of dollars getting her healthy. She has made leaps and bounds in health and behavior. It’s been one year yesterday that I brought her home. I promised no matter what she did or how she acted I’d never give up on her and today I spend my days with the best dog I could ever hope to share my life with. She is absolutely amazing and has the greatest personality, she’s smart, stubborn and loves deeply. Who saved who?

Leave a Reply



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A request

The reason for this blog is to help get specific dogs adopted from TAS but equally important is to try to normalize the idea of shelter dogs being just as good and just as desirable as any other dogs including those which are regularly merchandised by backyard breeders, puppy millers and those few remaining pet store owners who still feel a need to sell live animals. The single greatest stigma shelter animals still face is the belief that shelter animals are substandard animals. Anyone who has had enough experience with shelter animals knows this is untrue but the general public hasn't had the same experiences you've had. They see a nice dog photo in a glossy magazine and too many of them would never think of associating that dog with a dog from a shelter. After all, no one abandons perfectly good dogs, right? Unfortunately, as we all know, perfectly good dogs are abandoned all the time.

The public still too often associates shelter dogs with images of beat up, sick, dirty, severely traumatized animals and while we definitely sometimes see victims such as these, they are certainly not the majority and, regardless, even the most abused animals can very often be saved and made whole again.

Pound Dogs sometimes discusses the sad histories some of the dogs have suffered. For the most part, though, it tries to present the dogs not as victims but as great potential family members. The goal is to raise the profiles of animals in adoption centers so that a potential pet owner sees them as the best choice, not just as the charity choice.

So, here's the favour I'm asking. Whenever you see a dog picture on these pages you think is decent enough, I'd like you to consider sharing it on Facebook or any other social media sites you're using (I know many of you do this already and thank you for that). And when you share it, please mention that the dog in the photo is a shelter dog like so many other shelter dogs waiting for a home. If we can get even five percent of the pet buying public to see shelter dogs differently, to see how beautiful they are and how wonderful they are, and to consider shelter dogs as their first choice for a new family member, we can end the suffering of homeless pets in this country.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------